Dr. TRAN XUAN BACH, PhD
- NIDA/IAS Research Fellow in Health Economics, Substance Abuse and HIV/AIDS, Johns Hopkins University, USA (2014)
- PDF in Health Economics and Population Health, University of Alberta, Canada (2013)
- PhD in Health Economics, Health Services and Policy, University of Alberta, Canada (2011)
- BSc in Public Health, Hanoi School of Public Health, Vietnam (2006)
RESEARCH AREAS: Economic Evaluation, Health Technology Assessment, Health Services & Policy, Health Outcomes Measurement, Population Health Intervention, Medical Education, Mobile Health, E-Health, HIV/AIDS, Substance Abuse, Obesity, Global Burden of Diseases
Lecturer in Health Economics, Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
Assistant Professor (Adjunct), Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, MD, USA
HONORS AND AWARDS:
- Prevention & Clinical International Research Award, 2015. Faculty Development Award. Johns Hopkins University Center for AIDS Research
- Young Physician Leaders at World Health Summit, Berlin 2014. InterAcademy Medical Panel (IAMP).
- Young Physician Leaders Asia Region. 2013. InterAcademy Medical Panel (IAMP) and National University Health System Singapore
- HIV & Drug Use Research Fellowship. 2013-5. International AIDS Society and the U.S. National Institute of Drug Abuse.
- Canadian Institute of Health Research Postdoctoral Fellowship. 2013-5. Government of Canada
- Training and Early Career Development Program Award. 2012-4. Alberta Innovates - Health Solutions, Government of Alberta, Canada
- Charles WB Gravett Memorial Scholarship for Superior Academic Achievement in Health Planning and Evaluation. 2010. University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
- ASEAN Research Scholars. 2008. National University of Singapore
- Dang-Van-Ngu Memorial Award, First Laureate. 2013. Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Third Prize, at the 16th National Scientific and Technological Conference of Medical Sciences Universities. 2012. Vietnam Ministry of Health
- Third Prize, Annual Scientific Research Contest for Young Investigators. 2011. Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam’
- INSIGHTS – Best PhD Oral Presentation Award. 2010. University of Alberta, School of Public Health, Edmonton, AB, Canada
- The Best Graduate Student Honor among Vietnamese Universities. 2006. The People’s Committee of Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Outstanding Student among Universities. 2005. Vietnam Society of Students.
- Second Prize at the National Student Scientific Research Contest. 2005. Vietnam Ministry of Education and Training
- Vietnamese January's Star Award. 2005. Vietnam Society of Students.
- National Youth Medal for Creativity. 2004.
- Second Prize. National Contest for Technological Creativity (VIFOTEC). 2004. Vietnam Foundation of Technology
- Special Prize, at the 12th National Scientific and Technological Conference of Medical Sciences Universities. 2004. Vietnam Ministry of Health.
- Second Prize, Annual Scientific Research Contest for Young Investigators. 2003. Hanoi School of Public Health, Hanoi, Vietnam